Department of Gastroenterology has come a long way since it was established 20 years ago with exceptional growth in the number of patients and procedures. We have addednumber of new consultants. The equipment has been constantly upgraded and is meeting the growing needs of procedures in the Division of Gastroenterology and associated Liver Transplant Service.
We have also started the fellowship program in Gastroenterology and the first batch of fellows has finished the program and taken important jobs in the community. This makes us feel proud that we are rendering a major service to the nation.
With constant growth of patient flow and increase in the number of procedures and consultants, we hope to add more consultants and equipment on an ongoing basis and are ready to meet the challenges of the future.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Flexible proctosigmoidoscopy
- Esphageal dilatation (savory)
- PEG insertion
- Esphageal varies band ligation (EVBL)
- Esphageal varies sclerotherapy
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic retrograde Cholangiopancreatogram (ERCP)
- Removal of Stones and Dilatation of stricture of biliary / pancreatic system.