The Shifa Heart and Vascular Institute’s team of board certified vascular surgeons are world-renowned leaders in vascular surgery and minimally invasive endovascular therapy.
Our team provides comprehensive state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for the entire spectrum of circulatory disorders, from medical management to minimally invasive endovascular therapy to conventional open surgery.
- Aortic aneurysms including abdominal, thoracic, and complex thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms
- Peripheral arterial aneurysms including femoral aneurysms and popliteal aneurysms
- Cerebrovascular disease including carotid artery stenoses and vertebral artery disease, and stroke prevention
- Peripheral arterial occlusive disease (PAD) ranging from leg pain with walking to critical limb-threatening arterial insufficiency causing ulcers, non-healing wounds, or gangrene
- Aggressive wound care
- Vein disorders including:
- Varicose veins
- Chronic venous insufficiency
Experience in Making Excellent Surgical Decisions
Our surgeons are uniquely trained and experienced to weigh the various treatment options available, including medical therapy, as well as surgical and endovascular approaches. By offering the entire spectrum of therapeutic options, our physicians can assure patients that they are receiving the most appropriate therapy for their conditions. In this way, the patient will receive:
Faster recovery times
Optimal quality of life
Improved outlooks for the long term
Our surgeons’ extensive experience managing complex aortic aneurysms as well as other rare aneurysms of the arterial branches makes us expertly qualified to manage all vascular surgical patients.
The Vascular Surgery Team collaborates with our colleagues in cardiology, internal medicine, neurology, interventional radiology, and podiatry in order to offer each patient a multidisciplinary, yet individualized, diagnostic assessment and therapeutic plan. Our unique philosophy is that only when a patient is evaluated by a health care team that can provide medical, conventional open surgical and minimally invasive endovascular therapy will that patient be guaranteed of receiving the most appropriate remedy for his or her problem. The patient is our focus.
Commitment to Effective Treatment
Each year our surgeons evaluate hundereds of patients with circulatory conditions ranging from the common to the rare. Our commitment is to diagnose the patient’s problem precisely, and to provide the most effective therapy specifically tailored for that individual’s needs. Our goal is to optimize our patients’ circulatory health.