Shifa International Hospital’s Obstetrics/Gynecology department is a tertiary care centre and the busiest and sought after department in the North of Pakistan. It has now achieved the status of a referral centre. It caters for all the major and advanced conventional surgeries and also has a full range of endoscopic surgeries (laparoscopy, hysteroscopy). Fluoroscopy of fallopian tubes and mammography are also available. Our supporting Pediatric Department is laced with hi-tech neonatal ventilators. Babies as small as 26 weeks are successfully delivered and survived. Epidural analgesia, and antenatal/intranatal fetal monitoring are available round the clock.
We are expanding our horizons and our near future plans are:
- Expanding Satellite OPD services in Rawalpindiand Islamabad.
- Ass isted Reproductive Therapy like IUI (alreadybeing practiced), IVF, ICSI and the whole range
- Stem Cell Therapy for various ailments incol laboration with “STEM LIFE” Malaysia. Onepat ient has already been investigated. In thiscon nection we will soon develop “Fetal CordBlood Bank”
- Chorin Villous Sampling of fetus for variouscongenital and genetic problems
- Normal labor / assisted deliveries
- Cesarean sections
- All major gynecological surgical procedures
- Endoscopic gynecological procedures both diagnostic and Therapeutic
- Family Planning
- Management of normal / complicated pregnancies