Shifa International Hospital first introduced Physiotherapy services in 1995, but with passage of time it expanded and became one of the major departments in the hospital. Over a period of 18 years, department grew day by day and introduced variety of rehab services.
Now Rehabilitation department is providing these services for both IPD and OPD
- Physiotherapy services.
- Speech Pathology
- Speech and swallowing therapy services.
- IQ testing
- Occupational and sensory integration therapy services.
- Autism and behavior services
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation services
- Orthotic Care Center
Features of Services
- Thorough Assessment by qualified physiotherapist, Speech therapist or occupational therapist and implementation of treatment plan.
- Settings of goals and outcomes that restore and maintain optimal independence.
- Rehabilitation program is goal-oriented and outcome focused
Offering structured training in the following areas:
- Personal care health management and education
- Self care in activities of daily living and training
- Disability adjustment, physical endurance and community integration
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Gyne Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Neuro Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Chest Physiotherapy
- Pain Management
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Geriatric And Oncology
- Fitness Program
Speech Therapy and pathology Services
Speech therapy helps people for communication difficulties, speech impediments and swallowing issues. We have highly qualified trained and professional Speech therapists, helps patient to cope with and overcome speech impediments and swallowing issues
Qualified and experienced speech therapist with dual specialty perform IQ testing to rule out learning disabilities resulting in communication difficulties.
What is Autism?
Autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) are a group of developmental disabilities that can cause significant social, communication and behavioral challenges.
Behavior Analysis and services
Behavior analysis focuses on the principles that explain how learning takes place. Positive reinforcement is one such principle. When a behavior is followed by some sort of reward, the behavior is more likely to be repeated. Through decades of research, the field of behavior analysis has developed many techniques for increasing useful behaviors and reducing those that may cause harm or interfere with learning.
Applied behavior analysis (ABA) is the use of these techniques and principles to bring about meaningful and positive change in behavior.
Occupational and sensory integration therapy services
Occupational therapy helps to ensure that a patient’s independence and quality of life is promoted as much as to prevent disabilities, train physically and mentally disabled by mean of constructive activities
Physical medicine and rehabilitation
Rehabilitation physicians are medical doctors who have completed training in the medical specialty of physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R). Specifically, rehabilitation physicians:
- Diagnose and treat pain
- Restore maximum function lost through injury, illness or disabling conditions
- Treat the whole person, not just the problem area
- Provide non-surgical treatments
- Explain your medical problems and treatment/prevention plan
Orthotic Care Services
Facilitate patient under the supervision of qualified orthotic. The clinicians evaluate for and fit custom splints, braces, and devices that enhance the function.
An orthotic device (commonly referred to as an orthosis) is an external device applied on the body to limit motion, assist in correcting deformity, reduce axial loading, or improve function of a certain segment of the body resulting from a muscle, skeletal or neurological disorder. In some instances it may be necessary to design and fabricate a custom orthosis for a specific biomechanical deficiency.
Our orthotic services include the following types of orthotic devices:
- Cervical orthotics
- Fracture bracing orthotics
- Pediatrics orthotics
- Lower extremity orthotics
- Upper extremity orthotics
- Spinal orthotics
In designing every orthotic device, special attention is paid to a lot of features. Some of these features are listed below:
- Ease of putting on and taking off the device
- Aeration in order to avoid skin issues