Services at Shifa Heart Center
Shifa Heart Center is providing a wide range of general and specialized cardiac services, including but not limited to angiography, angioplasty, stents, intra aortic balloon pump, EECP and Cardiac MR. The scope of services encompasses critical areas and conditions and treatments of heart like Heart Failure, Interventional Cardiology/ PCI, CHD/Valve Replacement, Peripheral Vascular Disease & Peripheral Artery Disease (PVD & PAD), Electrophysiology/Arrhythmias, Cardiac Imaging and Cardiac Rehabilitation.
We are providing EP studies with Cardiac ablation, Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy and Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator. We have Cardiac CT (640 slice) that is advance and fast Technology and has made it possible to record coronary angiogram without placing catheters in the heart and without the risk associated with conventional coronary angiography. Shifa Heart Center including cardiology and cardiac surgery is considered one of the best heart health centers in Pakistan.
- Peripheral/ Renal Angioplasty
- Pulmonary Angiography
- Carotid Angiography
- Coronary Angiography
- EPS (Electrophysiological Studies)
- ASD Closure
- PDA Closure
- Temporary Pacemaker Implantation
- Permanent Pacemaker Implantation (Single + dual chamber biventricular)
- ICD (Internal Cardio Defibillator)
- RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation)
- CRT (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy)
- Intra aortic balloons pump
- Computerized ECG
- Exercise Tolerance Test (ETT)
- 24 Hours Ambulatory BP Monitor
- 24 Hours ECG (Holter Monitoring)
- Echocardiogram (2D, M Mode, Color Doppler Transthoracic Echo)
- Transesophageal Echo
- Dobutamine Stress Echo
- Carotid Doppler Scan
- Peripheral Arterial and Venous Doppler
- Tilt Table Test
- Cardiac MRI
Specialty Clinic & Services:
- Electrophysiology & Pacing Clinic
Heart operations are performed using both conventional as well as minimal invasive techniques. Facilities have been upgraded and competent Cardiac Surgeons at the hospital enabled key-hole chest surgery. Another major technological advancement within the cardiac department was video assisted thoracic surgery which is a minimally invasive surgical technique used to diagnose and test problems in the chest
Facilities & Services:
-Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)
– Beating Heart Surgery
– Hybrid Cradiac Intervention (Stenting and/ or keyhole Cardiac Surgery)
– Valve Repair (keyhole & conventional)
– Congenital Cardiac surgery
- Keyhole Surgery for Aortic Aneurysm (enlargement), Dissection (split aortic wall) and Rupture
- Carotid Artery Surgery for Threatened Stroke
- Peripheral Artery Angioplasty
- Stenting & Bypass Surgery
- Repair of Blood Vessels
- Key Hole surgery for Diagnostic Procedure, Hyperhidrosis (Sweaty palms), & Collapsed Lungs
- Surgery for Lung Cancer
- Surgery for Chest Deformities
- Surgery for Chest problems in Children
The lab offers services to physicians to give them direction towards diagnosis and ultimate treatment. Laboratory tests include blood tests to determine your risk of heart disease as well as to evaluate other systems of your body that can affect your cardiovascular health.
Shifa International Hospital houses a well equipped clinical laboratory that provides non-stop round the clock services to a 550 bed tertiary care hospital and 32 Lab Collection Points across Pakistan, covering a diversified range of investigation in different disciplines, i.e., Bio-chemistry, Microbiology, Histopathology/Cytology, Hematology, etc.
The Radiology department at Shifa International Hospital is offering newer imaging modalities to its patients and persistently upgraded current facilities to a level of par excellence. It spans a multitude of modalities that encompasses;
- CT scan
- Ultrasound & Radiography
The latest facilities related to cardiac services are;
- Cardiac CT Angiography
- Cardiac MRI
- Nuclear Cardiology
Shifa International Hospital uses the World’s most advanced CT-Scanner- the Aquilion ONE 640 slice CT scanner-to scan patients for the very earliest signs of disease, including cardiovascular disease.
A Cardiac MRI (CMR) test is an evaluation of your heart using a specialized MRI camera. It provides a very accurate assessment of your heart’s structure and function. It is safe, non-invasive test (no surgery is done) and doesn’t use ionizing radiation or carry any risk.
Shifa International Hospitals set-up a Cardiac MR service. This kind of imaging is unique in Pakistan and provides yet another very efficient diagnostic. It complements the current diagnostic modality in a cardio vascular imaging.
Nuclear Cardiology Testing:
Nuclear cardiology tests safely take pictures of the heart. During a nuclear cardiology test, a very small amount of radioactive tracer (radionuclide) is injected into a vein and is taken up by the heart. A very sensitive gamma camera then takes still pictures as well as dynamic pictures of heart during rest, exercise, or medication-induced stress testing.
A tea of Nuclear Physicians, Physicist, and Technologists performs perfusion and functional imaging at rest and with physical or pharmacological stress.
The following studies can be done;
- Cardiac perfusion imaging
- Myocardial viability study
- Functional assessment of heart.
To better deal with all heart related emergencies, services are available 24/ 7 under supervision of Consultants supported by highly trained team of Medical Officers and paramedical staff.
We are backed by 24 hours Cardiology services for patients with cardiac problems. As the patients arrive in Emergency Room (ER) we make necessary arrangements, do ECG and check blood and necessary tests needed in emergency. In serious cases they are immediately shifted to CCU or other related areas where they can be treated in best way.
- In-house laboratory for emergency
- Fully equipped ER to deal withal kind of Cardiac emergencies
- Adjacent Radiology services
- Adjacent Pharmacy services
Shifa Cardiac Rehab is a unique service to provide safe and effective program of exercises. They help to improve quality of life, improving exercise capacity, reducing level of anxiety, improving confidence and reducing chances of re-admission to hospital. This program is in conformity with recommendations of American Heart Association (AHA) Cardiac Rehab can be helpful if you have had;
- Heart Attack
- Bypass surgery
- Coronary Artery Surgery
- Valve Replacement Surgery
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Pulmonary Disease (chest related disease)
- Prolong Hospitalization due to any disease
- Decrease Cardiac endurance (stamina)