- Passing Criteria for a both theory and viva is of minimum 50% marks in semester examination. Total obtained marks less than 50% shall be treated as ‘fail’ in a course.
- A trainee name will be struck off from Associate degree Program if he/she would fail in two major courses or one major course and two minor courses in any semester having total number of atleast 06 subjects (in that particular semester).
- A trainee fails to pass 50% or more subjects in any semester, with total number of less than 06 subjects (in that particular semester), will be considered as fail and his/her name will be struck off from Associate degree Program. However, if the trainee fails to pass in less than 50% subjects, he/she will be given a chance to reappear in next semester according to the scheme provided by the Institute.
- If a trainee fails to qualify in final semester (of clinical specialization) or in case of any emergency/ misconduct during any semester final examinations, the SIMT Faculty Board in harmony with his/her respective HOD shall decide to allow that candidate to reappear in the next semester examinations and to continue with his/her Associate degree program.
- Trainee (s) who does not appear in the class assessments will not be allowed to sit in the final examination.
- If the candidate is concerned about his/her marks in semester exam, he/she can ask for recheck of total marks within 10 days as per STMU examination policy.
- First 03 months of training period are considered as trainee’s probationary period. If a trainee overall academic performance remains unsatisfactory, his/her name will be struck off from the training.