Shifa International Hospital provides a series of major and minor surgeries under its head department of General Surgery. The department is housed by seasoned professionals who have extensive hands-on experience in performing simple to complex surgeries with intensive care and dedication.
At Shifa International, we try to update our patients with the procedures they are going through so that they get to know about the precautions they have to take during or after surgery. This skillful education leads our patients to a quick recovery and peace of mind.
The expertise of our qualified surgeons is not confined to the heart or brain, as they are capable of treating any condition that may be affecting a specific body area of the patient.
The General Surgery department brings the widest range of specialties to the capital city of Pakistan so that people across the city can take benefit of the facility. The wide range of services that are available at Shifa International Hospital are mentioned below;
General Surgical Procedures
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Hernia Surgery (open & laparoscopic)
- Gallbladder surgery
- Appendectomy (open & laparoscopic)
- Splenectomy (open & laparoscopic)
- Thyroid surgery
- Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy
Oncologic / Cancer Surgery
- Breast cancer surgery (mastectomy & axillary dissection, breast-conserving lumpectomy)
- Colon & rectal cancer (open and laparoscopic colectomy, anterior resection), APR
- Skin & soft tissue tumors
- Pancreatic cancer surgery
- Retroperitoneal tumors
- Esophagus & gastric cancer surgery
Bariatric Surgery (surgical weight loss)
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Aortic aneurysm repair
- Peripheral vascular surgery
- Hemo-dialysis access (AV graft & AV fistula)
- Varicose veins (stripping & ligation)
Shifa is a reputable name in rendering premium health services in Pakistan specifically in the twin cities that are Rawalpindi and Islamabad. The combination of highly qualified surgeons, well-disciplined staff, high-tech equipment and machinery, and following the international quality standards of the health industry help us in achieving a promising success rate in our surgical procedures.