Environmental Occupational Health & Safety (EOHS) Policy
Shifa International Hospitals Ltd. (SIH) is a responsible corporate entity with an aim to provide quality healthcare services to all. SIH has a strong commitment to environmental excellence and seeks to ensure socio-ecological harmony to reduce the overall environmental footprint and threat to public health. SIH considers the health and safety of infrastructure, assets, and personnel as an imperative part of the operations to ensure patient safety and quality healthcare services.
SIH, strives to maintain the highest standards of occupational safety to ensure that staff, patients, contractors, visitors, or any independent entity working inside its premises are safe from hazards and associated risk at the workplace.
The management has a unanimous resolution in developing and maintaining immaculate standards of health and safety and environmentally sound practices for a prosperous and sustainable business. SIH has a commitment to ensure:
- Compliance of all applicable and relevant Environment, Health and Safety Laws and Regulations
- Environmental protection through adherence to sustainable and best environmental practice as per Environmental Management Plans
- Develop and maintain organizational policies and procedures related to Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety
- Grievance redressal of staff and interested parties regarding EOHS
- Budget allocation for the provision of necessary arrangements and resources required for the health, safety, and wellbeing of staff
- Prevention or reduction of injury and ill health by maintaining a healthy workplace environment
- Provision of necessary arrangements and training for emergency preparedness and efficient response
- Adherence to cleaner production techniques for processes, operating procedures, input materials, and technology to optimize resource utilization, energy efficiency, and sustainability
- EHS performance measurement and monitoring through auditing on a periodic basis
- Consultation and participation of staff or their representatives in decision-making