The preservation of life is the foremost priority and duty of any healthcare facility. Medical emergencies are both unpredictable and life-threatening, which makes it critical for the patient to receive proper medical care in a timely fashion. The best course of action is admitting the patient to a medical facility staffed with qualified medical specialists and equipped with the latest machines.
Shifa International Hospital prioritizes patient well-being above all else and serves as a beacon for quality medical services. We understand the nature of medical emergencies and are hence open 24 hours, throughout the week and even during holidays. Our facilities are fully equipped for dealing with all natures of emergencies, eliminating the stress of finding the right healthcare facility for the type of emergency.
The objective we believe in is simple: dispensing high-end medical care for all patients while continuously improving the standards of our medical services with the latest technology and medical techniques. Our entire staff undergoes a strict selection criterion followed by rigorous training which continues throughout their tenure. This ensures the quality of healthcare we believe in fully administered to patients.
Shifa Department of Emergency Medicine
Shifa International Hospital’s emergency department is a 26-bedded fully equipped facility, that is staffed with ER trained medical and Para-medical staff, capable to deal all major medical, surgical, pediatric, Obs/ gyne emergencies. The department practices triage mechanism by which patients are evaluated and prioritized based upon a defined system, and a new concept called RAAT (Rapid Assessment and Treatment) is also implemented. The patients are treated by experienced physicians in emergency medicine and a senior doctor remains always available 24/7. Separate procedure rooms, triage areas, on-site pharmacy, lab, and adjacent radiology departments are the highlights of the ER. The department has staffed 37 doctors, including 5 full-time consultants, 4 assistant consultants and a well-trained nursing team of about 75 people.
- ER Department is well equipped with an adequate number of cardiac monitors, defibrillators and other important equipment including ventilators and a dedicated ultrasound machine
- The Radiology department is in close proximity so that imaging can be obtained easily when clinically indicated
- Key laboratory tests can be carried out in the ER while the rest are sent to the central laboratory with efficient turn-around-time
- The department has also been managing stroke emergencies successfully. A stroke code is a close interaction and action of emergency physicians with the neurology and radiology departments. A CT-Scan is done as soon as possible to decide about the thrombolytic drug (clot-dissolving treatment)
- The emergency department provides fast track emergency care and 24-hour availability of an expert Cardiologist for heart emergencies (heart Attack/ Chest Pain). The facility also provides 24/7 support for performing coronary angiography, CT-Angio, angioplasty, and cardiac surgeries
Abdus Salam Khan
MBBS, FACP (USA), DABIM (USA)
Khawaja Junaid Mustafa
MBBS, MRCEM (UK)
MBBS, MRCP (UK)
Ahmad Fawad Ali
MBBS, MRCP (UK)
Syeda Sobya Owais
Syeda Shazia Batool
MBBS, FCPS (Medicine)