Endocrinology and Diabetes Department is one of the important departments of the hospital. It is involved in the diagnosis and management of patients with Diabetes, obesity, hormonal disorders, thyroid, short stature, pituitary/adrenal/bony disorders and metabolic syndrome both in the outpatient and inpatient areas. The department is supported by the hospital’s wellequipped laboratory and radiology where all sorts of hormonal tests are being done. Majority of the patients coming for consultation, have Diabetes Mellitus type 2, the most common Endocrine disease. All services including prevention, medical management, education, nutrition, foot and eye care are being provided to these patients under one roof, and are backed by highly skilled and professional nursing staff. Department is also actively involved in public awareness programs, educational activities and medical research. Each year, public awareness programs on Diabetes & Ramadan and World Diabetes Day are carried out.
- Diagnosis and management of different endocrine diseases i.e. preventive pediatrics
- Thyroid gland diseases / parathyroid gland disorders
- Growth disorders / pituitary gland disorders
- Lipid abnormalities
- Disorders of male & female gland hormones
- Osteoporosis / metabolic bone diseases
Shifa Thyroid Clinic
- Thyroid Nodules
Thyroid nodules are growths or lumps in the thyroid gland in the
front of your neck. Most thyroid nodules are not cancerous and do not cause problems. Many don’t even need treatment. But if tests show cancer, surgery will be done to remove the nodule.
- Feel pain in your throat or feel like your throat is full.
- Have a hard time swallowing.
- Have trouble breathing