Latest Medical Technologies
Keeping abreast of technological advancement enables modern hospitals to innovate and improve the quality of healthcare. It ensures greater access to quality medical services to the patients. The healthcare industry has been transforming globally through the development of smart medical technologies and equipment. Shifa Int. Hospital has continuously been investing in state-of-the-art medical equipment and technology to offer innovative and contemporary treatment options to a large array of patients, which includes but is not limited to;
- The recent addition of a state-of-the-art TLA (Total Lab Automation) system at the Pathology department
- The latest 3 Tesla MRI has added to further strengthen the Radiology portfolio
- A latest Pulmonary Testing Machine in the region
- Pakistan’s first 640 slices CT Scan
- 3D Hologic Mammography machine
- IMRT, SIB, IGRT technology for cancer treatment
- The latest Brachytherapy machine for radiation therapy
- Specialty Pathology labs in Histopathology, Immunology, Cytogenetic, Microbiology, NAT, etc.
- Interventional Radiology services are functional as a value addition stream in treating multiple complications.
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) – Heading Towards Paperless Hospital
In the current Pakistani healthcare scenario, Shifa is one of the pioneers in introducing the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system. This allows utmost safety and privacy of the patient’s data. It also helps in patient diagnosis and reduces medical errors during treatment. Shifa also aims to transform the healthcare industry by being the paperless tertiary care hospital of Pakistan.
Medical Technology in the hands of Trained Technicians
The need and opportunity of providing advanced medical technology to Pakistan were one of the prime motivations for its founders. But with each day, it seems that a new invention is patented; and whatever the invention, technology has certainly enhanced the medical technologist’s role as a leader in the laboratory workplace. Unlike in the past, the present and the future do not rely on time-consuming and cost-ineffective manual protocols. Automated laboratory machines can perform diagnostic testing faster and in greater volumes, than can a technician. However, these machines do not run by themselves; it takes an experienced and well-trained medical technologist to troubleshoot and to ensure that the results reported are accurate and reliable.
Shifa takes private in being a leading institute to host some of Pakistan’s most qualified medical technologists, certified nurses, and internationally trained physicians. Today Shifa is also capable of producing these necessary human resources via its medical education institutes