Department of Radiology (Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology)
Department of Radiology hosts internationally experienced doctors and skilled technologists to provide the best quality imaging, diagnostic, and treatment services in an efficient environment ensuring maximum care, patient safety for quicker recovery of the patients. The radiology department is fully integrated with the medical and surgical departments at Shifa International Hospital.
Shifa’s Radiology department is also equipped with a state-of-the-art Interventional Radiology facility for minimally invasive treatments i.e. Uterine Fibroid Embolization, Prostate Artery Embolization, Fallopian Tube Recanalization and various other cancer and non-cancer treatments. Interventional Radiology uses advanced imaging (fluoroscopy, CT Scans, and MRI Scans) for interventions using various needles, catheters, balloons, and stents.
Or Dial 051 846 4646 from your Smartphone.
Doctors at Shifa Department of Radiology provide the highest quality diagnostic and treatment imaging services in a caring, safe and efficient environment that is enhanced by outstanding programs in research and education.
Our services are fully integrated with medical and surgical care. Our radiologists promptly coordinate imaging findings with your primary medical team, ensuring timely diagnosis and management. Our highly specialized teams perform and interpret countless examinations each year. This large number of cases, integrated with ongoing research and education, results in wide-ranging expertise in imaging and treatment.
Shifa International Hospital since 2007 has been providing state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging, minimally invasive procedures, and treatments that in the past required alternative treatment options.
By using the power of imaging (Ultrasound, X-Rays, CT Scans, MRI Scans, and other innovative methods), Interventional Radiologists can see inside your body and treat complex conditions with the help of the devices such as needles, catheters, balloons, and stents to open blocked blood vessels, blocked bleeding vessels, treatment of aneurysms, drain fluid collections, drain bile ducts, perform biopsies and treat many other conditions less invasively and with unprecedented precision. Interventional Radiologists use digital technology to make repairs in the body by making tiny or no incisions. Most Interventional Radiology procedures begin with the prick of a needle which is followed by the Interventional Radiologist guiding a thin wire into a blood vessel to reach and treat the source of the pain or disease. The Radiologist watches the inside of the body on monitor screens and uses the instruments accordingly. Interventional Radiology offers various advantages over traditional invasive procedures i.e. the risk of pain is minimum with no large scars and recovery time is also significantly reduced. Most I.R procedures are performed in OPD (same-day procedure) as moderate sedation or local anesthesia is offered.
Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Fallopian Tube Recanalization for Infertility
- Management of placental abnormalities during delivery (accrete, increta, percreta, previa)
- Gonadal Vein Embolization for Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
- Petrosal Sinus, Renal and Adrenal Venin sampling for Endocrine Tumors
- Bariatric Gastric Embolization for Weight Loss
- Embolization for Hemorrhage Control Following Arterial or Visceral Injury
- IVC Filter Placement
- Embolization for Hemoptysis
Renal & Dialysis
- Fistulogram and Fistuloplasty
- Temporary and Long term Dialysis Access Catheters
- Central Venous Angioplasty and Recanalization
- Varicocele Embolization
- Nephrostomy and Ureteric Stent Placement
- Renal Angioplasty and Stenting including Transplant Kidneys
- Thoracic and Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Angioplasty and Stenting for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Venography for Upper and Lower Extremities
- Peripheral Angiography using Carbon Dioxide for Impaired Renal Function.
- Venous Angioplasty, Stenting and Recanalization
- Intravascular Foreign Body Retrieval
- CT/US Guided Drainages
- Gastrostomy and Gastrojejunostomy placement
- Visceral Angiography, Angioplasty, and Stenting
- Cyst Ablation for Hydatid Disease
- TACE – Transarterial Chemoembolization for Liver Cancer and Metastatic Disease
- RFA – Radiofrequency Ablation of Lung, Liver, and Renal Tumors
- PEI – Percutaneous Ethanol Injection
- PORT – A cath Insertion for Chemotherapy
- Tunneled and non-tunneled Central Venous Access
- CT Guided Nerve Block
- Cholangiography and PTBD TIPS Transjugular Portosystemic Shunt Placement
- Cerebral Mechanic Thrombectomy for Acute Stroke
- Cerebral Angiography
Our technologists and radiologists are highly trained in obtaining optimum fluoroscopic images using minimum possible radiation exposure.
Fluoroscopy uses continuous x-ray beam to diagnose various pathologies like cause of swallowing difficulty, urine outflow obstruction, fallopian tube blockage and site of perforation, to name a few.
- Barium swallow
- Barium meal and follow through
- Barium enema
- Micturating cystogram
- Anterior and posterior urethrogram
Other services offered by the Department are as follows;
Dr. Mohammad Yousaf Chaudhary
MBBS, MD, DABR (USA)
Dr. Atif Rana
MBBS, MD, DABR (USA)
Dr. Rashed Nazir
Dr. Zahid Amin Khan
MRCS (UK), FRCR (UK), EBIR, CCT(UK)
Dr. Jamshaid Anwar
FRCR (UK), EBIR, CCT (UK), MRCS (Ed)
Dr. Belqees Yawar Faiz
Dr. Sanam Yasir
Dr. Amina Hameed
MBBS, FCPS, EBIR
Dr. Madiha Saeed Wahla
Dr. Salma Gul
Dr. Suraya Bano Zafar
Dr. Ahson Ahmed
Dr. Sana Sayed
Dr. Sadia Babar
Dr. Samreen Aslam
Dr. Arsalla Naveed
Dr. Haider Ali
Dr. Sajida Shah
Dr. Kiran Ali Mian
Dr. Saira Afeef Zia
Dr. Fatima Moin
Dr. Muhammad Usman
Dr. Aisha Jang
Dr. Samina Akhtar
Dr. Sadaf H. Ghani
Dr. Muhammad Shozab Ahmed