Ultrasound imaging, also called ultrasound scanning or Sonography, is a method of obtaining images from inside the human body through the use of high-frequency sound waves. The sound wave echoes are recorded and displayed as a real-time visual image. No radiation is involved in ultrasound imaging.
Salient features of the Department are:
- Equipped modern and state of art ultrasound machines
- The full gamut of services including color doppler arterial and venous studies
- Complete obstetrical and gynecological ultrasound with fetal well being
- Ultrasound-guided interventional procedures such as biopsies and drainages
- Routine abdominal/pelvic imaging
- Transvaginal/Trans Rectal Ultrasound with Truss biopsy and other guided procedures, by female and male radiologists, as preferred by the patient