The field of cardiology deals with diseases, abnormalities, and disorders of the human cardiovascular system (heart and blood vessels). Cardiologists & Cardiovascular surgeons are professionals who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions such as coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, angina pectoris, heart failure, congenital heart defects, electrophysiology of the heart, etc. Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are among the leading causes of sudden death and persistent health risks for the Pakistani population. However, the emergence of advanced techniques, innovative devices, and procedures for diagnosing and treating heart conditions has led to new and effective treatment options for those suffering from complex heart conditions.
Or Dial 051 846 4646 from your Smartphone.
Shifa Heart & Vascular Centre
Shifa Heart & Vascular Center provides the most advanced and comprehensive care for cardiac, vascular and pulmonary problems in Pakistan. A full time, devoted team of experienced Cardiologists, Cardiac surgeons, Anesthetists, OR & Cath Lab Technicians, Nurses, and Pharmacists work together to provide an integrated & individualized care to every patient. The department offers a wide range of clinical services as well as diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitation facilities for the patients. It started off between the years 1994-1998; marking a milestone in the history of Shifa International Hospital as Cardiac Catheterization Lab and Heart Bypass Services were established. Shifa Emergency services are also contributing by reducing fatality risk significantly in heart attack/ chest pain patients with timely, quality, 24/7 emergency care.
- A complete heart care facility offering comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities under one roof
- Qualified & Board Certified team of Cardiologists and Cardiac Surgeons
- 24-hour availability of an expert Cardiologist for Heart Emergencies (Heart Attack/ Chest pain)
- Fast track emergency care & admission for stay at CCU (Cardiac Care Unit)
- 24/7 support for Angiography, Angioplasty & Cardiac surgeries
- State-of-the-art Cath labs & CCU (Cardiac Care Unit) facility
- Treatment of complex heart conditions, i.e., valvular heart diseases, etc. by catheter based techniques (Mitra Clip, TAVI, etc.)
- Rotablation Angioplasty (suitable option for high risk patients)
- Latest (640 slice) CT-Angio machine for accurate and timely diagnosis
- Electrophysiology & Pacing clinic
- Pediatric Cardiology clinic
- Cardiovascular & Thoracic surgery clinic
Highly qualified, internationally experienced & Board certified team of Cardiologists & qualified Cardiac Surgeons, supported by a team of dedicated & skilled paramedical staff.
24 Hour Emergency Services
A well-supervised facility to cater to heart emergencies (24 hours) for heart attack and chest pain patients. A Cardiologist & Cardiac Surgeon remain available on-call to provide 24/7 support for angiography, angioplasty, and cardiac surgery.
Complete Diagnostic & Imaging Services
Comprehensive services for reliable diagnosis and treatment of diseases, i.e., CT-Angio, Echocardiogram (Echo), Stress Testing (ETT), Coronary Angiography, Cardiac MRI, Pathology Laboratory, Nuclear Imaging Services, etc.
Cardiac Care Unit (CCU)
Shifa Cardiac Care Unit (CCU) is a 17-bed facility that is supported by a team of experienced cardiologists, cardiology fellows, attending physicians, nurses and paramedical staff care and monitoring of patients with acute myocardial infarction, angina, congestive heart failure, cardiomyopathies, valvular heart disease, and life-threatening arrhythmias, etc.
Electrophysiology & Pacing Clinic
The clinic offers a wide range of electrophysiology, mapping, and ablation procedures to the patients with Atrial Fibrillation & other abnormal heart rhythm problems under the supervision of Pakistan’s leading Consultant Cardiologist & Electrophysiologist. Other services include:
- Remote monitoring of devices
- 24 hour Holter monitor
- Pacemaker and cardiac defibrillator (ICD) devices
- Biventricular pacemakers
Pediatric Cardiology Clinic
Pediatric Cardiology clinic runs under the supervision of trained and internationally experienced Cardiologists. The clinic offers comprehensive facilities to diagnose and treat a variety of congenital (present at birth) and acquired heart diseases in infants and children.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Comprehensive Cardiac Rehabilitation program for post-surgery/ procedure care.
Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery Clinic
Experienced team of Surgeons and latest Operation Theater facilities to perform a wide range of Cardiac, Vascular & Thoracic Surgeries.
Cardiac Catheterization Lab (Cath Lab)
The Cardiac Catheterization laboratories at Shifa are modern and high-tech facilities to offer a wide range of services. The Cath Lab setup covers facilities for undertaking noninvasive and invasive cardiac investigations including coronary angiography and angioplasty, insertion and testing of implantable devices (including pacemakers), EP studies, Catheter Ablation, etc.
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
This minimally invasive surgical procedure repairs the valve without removing the old, damaged valve. Instead, it wedges a replacement valve into the aortic valve’s place.
TAVI has emerged as a major breakthrough in the field of interventional cardiology and now recognized as an alternative for selected patients with severe aortic stenosis (AS), particularly for those patients who are considered an intermediate or high risk patient for standard valve replacement surgery, who otherwise have limited choices for repair of their aortic valve.
Mitral Valve Clip
A mitral valve clip repairs damaged mitral valve without the need for open-heart surgery. A small metal clip, about the size of a large staple, is attached to patient’s mitral valve via a vein in the leg. The clip stays there permanently and helps your valve to function properly again.
Rotablation represents an addition to the standard Angioplasty procedure. While a standard Angioplasty procedure is limited to the use of balloons and stents, rotablation also uses a tiny drill, powered by compressed air, to remove calcified deposits. Rotablation is usually followed by balloon angioplasty, and the implantation of one or more stents.
The cardiac imaging includes the modalities of computed tomography (CT), cardiac ultrasound (echocardiography), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), nuclear imaging, fluoroscopy, CT-angio.
Other Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures
- Computerized ECG
- Exercise Tolerance Test(ETT)
- 24 Hours ECG (Holter Monitoring)
- 2D, M Mode, Color Doppler Transthoracic Echo
- Transesophageal Echo
- Dobutamine Stress Echo
- Carotid Doppler Scan
- Peripheral Arterial and Venous Doppler
- Temporary Pacemaker Implantation
- Permanent Pacemaker Implantation (single + dual chamber)
- Peripheral / Renal Angiography
- Pulmonary Angiography
- Carotid Angiography
- Coronary Angiography
- PTCA with Stent Implantation (Percutaneous Coronary Angioplasty)
- Temporary and permanent Pacemaker Implantation (Single, Double chamber)
- Full range of Echocardiography services are available for accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment
- Transthoracic Echocardiography Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Dobutamine stress Echocardiography
- Peripheral and carotid Doppler Studies
- Exercise Tolerance Test (ETT)